Where to Obtain Licenses

1. Brevard County Business Tax Receipt


All flea market vendors are required to obtain a Brevard County Occupational License, regardless of age or type of merchandise that you sell. Following are the four locations where you can apply for this license.

For more information, visit the Brevard County Tax Collector website or visit one of the locations below:

1515 Sarno Road

Melbourne, FL 32935


50 Eldron Blvd. S. E.

Palm Bay, FL 32907


2575 N. Courtenay Parkway

Merritt Island, FL 32953


400 South St.

Titusville, FL 32780-5690



2. Sales Tax Certificate of Registration


The State of Florida requires all itinerant merchants (flea market vendors) to collect and remit sales tax to the State of Florida. Any person who is required to register as a dealer and fails to do so, or a registered dealer who fails to collect and/or remit sales tax to the State of Florida will subject themselves to penalties and interest imposed by the Florida Statutes. Temporary sales tax forms are provided for daily vendors, garage sale vendors, or vendors who sell seasonal crafts or who rent tables during special events or promotions.

Contact Your Local Department of Revenue

Apply online Here

Florida Department of Revenue
Clear Lake Rd.
Cocoa, FL 32780-7929


3. Department of Agriculture


To Sell Food:

The State of Florida requires anyone who wants to sell food products, whether it be prepackaged or not, to apply for a food permit.

Contact Your Local Department of Agriculture

Visit the Department of Agriculture website for more information, or by phone:
Food Service Division: (850)-245-5520

Information regarding the new Cottage Law (for anyone wanting to sell food items prepared and cooked at home).

Plant License: (321)-637-7739